Taeaomanino Trust, Home-base service delivers support and services to families who have children 0-17 years of age. Home-base is an early intervention programme which is family-led, and child-centered focusing on:
- Regularly visiting families/fanau in the Wellington area
- Providing practical assistance in the home
- Providing guidance for home safety and safety of children.
This means our Homebase worker will provide a culturally appropriate service to families by:
- Assessing and identifying with families their current needs
- Identify family goals
- Development of a family plan (as identified with family) to work towards identified goals
- Provide community service information and link families to appropriate community support
Participation on the programme is voluntary. The programme provides short-term intervention, through weekly or fortnightly home visits for up to 6 months.
Referrals are accepted through a variety of ways:
- Referrals from community or government agencies
- Families with children 0-17 years old
- Live within the Wellington Region (includes Porirua and Hutt Valley)