Our Family Violence Service provides a response to child abuse prevention and domestic violence.
It centres attention on Pacific children, mothers and or fathers who are exposed to violence in the home and the community. Our service is available to all Pacific individuals and families in Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua and Kapiti.
The goals of this service include:
- Increasing awareness about exposure to violence.
- Identifying affected children/victims
- Intervening with parents in order to help them ensure the safety and well-being of their children at all times
- Encouraging perpetrators and survivors of family violence to self-refer for intervention through the one-on-one counselling programme.
Our target group is not age specific
We expect that all clients participating in this service will realise their potential with optimism and courage. That all clients who leave our service will be in a better position emotionally and will have acquired the necessary skills and techniques to live happy, healthy and violence-free lives.
These results will be in line with:
- Pacific people take responsibility for their actions
- Pacific people gain an increased awareness of how their behaviour affects others
- Pacific people increase their knowledge of how to behave and acquire tools to use to effectively communicate and that there is a decrease in Family Violence incidences